Clerk of Superior Court
Douglas County Clerk's Office is offering electronic filing again. Please see our "File Documents Electronically" page for more information.
To efficiently maintain and protect the integrity and accuracy of the judicial records of Douglas County Superior Court while serving the public in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
This office no longer processes passport applications.
About the Clerk
The Clerk is the administrative and financial officer of Superior Court. The office is a highly technical office performing legal, clerical, and accounting functions to contribute to prompt and accurate processing of the following types of proceedings:
- Mental illness
State statute provides that the Clerk be present in all court proceedings and that accurate minutes be written and preserved.
Financial records are an important element of court cases and the Clerk administers these in the form of:
- Child support
- Offender financial obligations
All monies deposited with the Court for the benefits of litigants or minors are disbursed or invested by the Clerk.
Appeals & Court Process
The Clerk processes appeals from lower courts and prepares cases for processing at the Court of Appeals and the Washington State Supreme Court. The Clerk issues Court process in the form of:
- Bench warrants
- Executions on judgments
The Clerk is the jury administrator for the court and issues summons for jurors to appear for jury duty.
Clerk's Alert - Consumer Debt Garnishments Prohibited
- Proclamation by the Governor Amending Proclamation 20-05 and 20-84 - Delaying Repeal of RCW 26.10
- Proclamation by the Governor Amending and Extending Proclamations 20-05 and 20-49 - Garnishments
- Proclamation by the Governor Amending and Extending Proclamations 20-05 and 20-19 - Evictions and Related Housing Practices
- Emergency Administrative Order Number 7
- Emergency Administrative Order Number 6
- Emergency Administrative Order Number 5
- Emergency Administrative Order Number 4
- Administrative Order Number 2 - 06-01-2020
- Revised Supreme Court Emergency Order on Dependency and Termination Cases
- Fifth Revised and Extended Order Regarding Court Operations - Feb 2021
- Suspension of RAP 18.8(b) in Response to the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency - Feb 2021
- Notice of Immediate Temporary Changes Due to COVID-19
- Revised and Extended Supreme Court Order on Court Operations